Blog

Resources

Pinterest

Five for Friday


Happy Friday y'all!  I hope that you've had an awesome week and have enjoyed your time with your kiddos!  We had so much fun in homeschool and I thought I'd link up with Kacey's Five for Friday to show you a bit of what we've been up to lately!

 We went on a little field trip and saw the circus!  It was our first time (I can't believe I never went as a kid.)  Here's a pre circus selfie with my sweeties!
Here's a view of the stage from our AMAZING seats!  We were on the front row to the left of the stage.  We had such a great view of the acts.
There are certainly some talented folks who are a part of the circus and my boys and I had a blast!  I did comment to my friend afterward that I felt like the elephants looked sad and I really didn't enjoy that part of the show.  Then a few days later, I saw that the Ringling Bros. are planning to phase out the elephants from their act.  I think this is a super smart choice!

 Early in the week, we read two of our Dr. Seuss favorites, The Cat in the Hat and the Cat in the Hat Comes Back.  Here are my fellas as the Cat-cutest Cats ever!!!  (And yes, we wear jammies a lot in homeschool as you'll see in later pics...who needs extra laundry?? LOL)
 To go along with The Cat in the Hat my oldest fella wrote about what would happen if Thing 1 and Thing 2 came to our house.  He said he and his brother would have a Nerf War with the Things!  Then we made these adorable Things!!!

Here's a close up, we couldn't stop giggling at them!!!



And of course, we had to read Bartholomew and the Oobleck and made oobleck!!!  They LOVED it and thought it was so cool how it had the properties of both a liquid and a solid.


After we experimented with it (and got it all over my new table), we made some observations, discussed adjectives that could be used to describe it, and talked about colloids!
Finally, we had some fun exploring some awesome free websites that are out there!  These may not be new to you but I wanted to share because my boys have been loving these!

My three year old adores the Curious George Games on PBS Kid and his number sense is amazing me!
He's also been loving this app called My First Alphabet Phonics.
Displaying photo.PNG
My kindergartner has been working addition facts and he's really enjoyed these two games!
First up is Marble Math Addition!

He really loved Space Lunchtime too and it is helping build fluency!

Well that's a peek at what we've been doing lately!  I'll be back soon to share!  My boys want to tackle dinosaurs so I'm planning lots of fun stuff!

2 comments

  1. Hi Wendy, I love your Thing One and Thing Two. I thought I'd seen every Seuss thing out there, but not this one. Thanks for sharing. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen! There are so many cute ideas out there. This one just came to me as we were doing it. The boys loved it and thought it was so silly! Hope you're having a great week! =)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top