Blog

Resources

Pinterest

More Literacy Freebies

Hi bloggy friends!  I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted.  When I started this blog, I really had intentions of posting more regularly.  But I guess I'm not as on top of things as I'd like to be.  Besides being swamped at school (like I'm sure all of you are too), I was super sick with pneumonia for awhile and still have bronchitis.  Needless to say, I'm so ready for winter break so that I can get some extra rest and spend lots of time with my boys.

Anyways, I was so excited that my summarizing organizer was helpful to many of you!  Thanks a bunch for all of the positive comments!  Someone asked if I have the same organizer for nonfiction and unfortunately, I do not; however, here is an organizer that I have my kiddos use when reading nonfiction text.  From this organizer, my students then write a summary.

I have created a graphic organizer to help with summarizing biographies.  It also comes from some ideas I learned at a training with Kathy Bumgartner (www.kbumreading.com).

Also, this week we wrapped up our literature circles and the kids got to pick three activities from a Tic-Tac-Toe style menu that they'd like to complete.  They had so much fun and their products were so creative (I've really got to start taking pictures).   Here's a copy of the Tic-Tac-Toe.  The activities can be used with any stories!

Ok, so that's it for now.  I have been getting some creative ideas from other blogs out there and wanted to give back a little something!  If you can use any of these activities, I'd love to hear your plans for them!


12 comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your work! These organizers will be very helpful for my fourth graders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these! I've spent a few hours creating my own before I found yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Jenny and Jessica! I'm glad that you can use these materials! =O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic blog! I'm your newest follower...and I just presented you with an award. Hop on over and check it out!
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! You are so sweet to share them with us!

    I just found your blog and find it a blessing. I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the Tic-Tac-Toe options for the final projects of your Literature Circles. I want to do Book Clubs next year when I switch to 3rd grade, so this is awesome! Thank you for sharing for free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad y'all found these useful! My kiddos get so excited when it's project time. I switched up a few ideas the last time we did these projects. I'll have to share them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for these! I teach high school, but I was able to adapt your idea for the needs of my students. Very cool organizers! I am glad I found your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with fellow teachers. I can't wait to try some of your work with my third graders.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! Thank you for sharing! I am adding them to our reader's notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the freebie! I'm a speech language pathologist in an elementary school and I have quite a few students with goals related to stating the main idea and supporting details. Your worksheet will be a very helpful teaching tool!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top