Blog

Resources

Pinterest

Classroom Pics 2 - Pinterest Projects

I was just introduced to Pinterest late this summer and I am so addicted to it!  There were SOOOO many projects that I wanted to do for my classroom but I only had time to do a few.  Here they are:

First, I was inspired by this filing cabinet makeover
re-done filing cabinet
Here's what my filing cabinets looked like before (YUCKY!  RUSTY!)
And here they are after (I think they're FABULOUS!!!)
Then I found this bookcase redo
Fabric Bookshelf How-To
So I took two plain, boring brown cheapo bookcases that I had in my room and made them look like this (not the best pic, sorry!)
I also found this adorable file folder system on Pinterest
File Folder Paper Organizer Tutorial
And here's my attempt (it didn't quite turn out like I wanted because I could not find bright, cute folders!!! This will be a redo for me later!)
Finally, this wasn't anything I found on Pinterest but I had this out in my garage
and I used leftover fabric from the bookcase redos to recover it
What Pinterest projects have inspired you lately???

12 comments

  1. All of your creations look great!! =)

    gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you re-do your file cabinet?? What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ginger Snaps! I just started following your blog. You have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took all the hardware off the filing cabinet and painted them with a glossy black paint. The paint came from Walmart...it was already premixed and came in a quart size. Then I used a 12 X 12 piece of cardstock and traced a template for where the hardware needed to be. I used the template to trace on my pretty black and white scrapbook paper. Then I used spray adhesive to put the paper on the cabinet. I put a coat of Modge Podge over the paper and after it dried I put the hardware back on. Hope this helps! Email me if you have more questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! You did awesome! I especially love the file cabinets!!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julie! I loved how the filing cabinets turned out too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if I could just modpodge the front of the filing cabinets. I have some brown and black ones, but I am not sure I could get them moved outside to paint. What would you suggest? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, I somehow missed your comment. So sorry for the late reply! I initially moved them because they were empty but I had a horrible time because was windy and the spray paint didn't look too great. So I dragged them back into my classroom, put them on a drop cloth, and used a glossy black paint that I got from Walmart. I wonder if you could (with the help of a dolly and/or custodian) life them enough to put a drop cloth down and then paint. ???

      Delete
  8. Love the file cabinets - I agree with Dee - I probably can't move them. They are filled to the gills with stuff. Suggestions! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shari, all I can really think of this to lift the cabinets with a dolly and slide a drop cloth underneath before painting. You'd definitely need some help but I'm sure it's doable!

      Delete
    2. The drawers come out of filing cabinets so you can take them out individually. Our janitors put mine back in the wrong order one year so I pulled the drawers out to move them. Its a bit tricky but it works.

      Delete
  9. I love your ideas! I understand the process for the file cabinets, but was wondering about the bookcase. What did you use to secure the fabric? Do you think you could use fabric on the file cabinet as well?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top